San Diego Contract Dispute Lawyer
When two or more parties enter into a contract, each party is obligated to fulfill their end of the agreement. One party can incur significant damages if:
- Another party does not perform obligated duties
- Another party makes it impossible for the inconvenienced party to perform the duties under the contract, or frustrates the purpose of the other party's contract
- Another party explicitly indicated that it does not intend to perform its obligations under the contract
When these kinds of issues arise, damages can include:
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of the "benefit of the bargain"
- Performance loss
- Loss of business, inventory, royalties or other revenue streams
Many times problems arise from ambiguous or poorly drafted contracts — unclear contracts can be interpreted in a multitude of ways and when they are disputes frequently need to be resolved in arbitration or litigation.
Mission Valley Breach of Contract Attorney
For more than three decades I have worked as a lawyer on breach of contract issues, and I am prepared to bring my one-on-one approach to help resolve issues related to:
- Business contracts/transaction
- Confidentiality agreements
- Non-compete agreements
- Real estate contracts
- Condominium covenants
- Severance package agreements
- Service contracts
- Land lease contracts
- Shareholder Agreements
While I am prepared to work on breach of contract issues once they arise, with many clients I am able to prevent these issues by working to understand all concerns and goals in my real estate and business practices. Once I have a full understanding of a client's goals, I can work toward drafting contracts that ensure clarity and legality and stand the greatest chance of avoiding contests or disputes.
To discuss any California contract dispute issue in a free initial consultation with San Diego contract dispute attorney Glenn M. Finch call 619-817-8728 or e-mail the Law Offices of Glenn M. Finch.